Detroit — The final phase of demolition began Monday on the Brewster-Douglass homes, leaving former residents saddened but looking forward to a fresh start for the site of the long-vacant towers.
A Dexter cancer patient featured in a conservative group's TV ad campaign denouncing her new health care coverage as 'unaffordable' will save more than $1,000 this year under the plan, The Detroit News has learned.
Tigers 17, Cardinals 5
They will enjoy these breezy, sometimes easy, days of spring camp. At least on days such as Monday, when the Tigers stroked 22 hits and had something of a seaside picnic in their 17-5 rout of the Cardinals.
For William Clay Ford to keep trying, year after year, tribulation after tribulation, it took deep doses of an admirable trait, a trait rare in sports. Some called it loyalty, even blind loyalty, but it was deeper than that.
- Kurt Mensching: Trading Rick Porcello wouldn't make any sense for Tigers now
- Michigan Wolverines: Michigan's John Beilein, Nik Stauskas earn Big Ten honors
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Tigers starter Max Scherzer is mixing more curveballs into his routine
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Report: Ex-Lions safety Louis Delmas signs one-year deal with Dolphins
- Michigan State Spartans: Michigan State's Izzo looking forward to 'fresh start' in Big Ten tourney
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Left-handed hitting Tyler Collins makes Tigers take notice
We asked him about his legacy once, and this was more than a few years ago now, back when William Clay Ford Sr. was still seen and heard publicly with any sort of regularity.
In a town full of big dogs, William Clay Ford Sr. was just about as big as they could get.
You know the annoying clumps of dirty, frozen snow you get behind your tires? The ones you have to kick out of your wheel wells so they don't scrape against the treads?
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, joined by actress Mariska Hargitay, on Monday announced proposed legislation to speed up the processing of
Michigan's four-year surge in tourism is expected to continue. In 2013, tourism spending in the Great Lakes State jumped 4.1 percent, while hotel
Washington — Dr. Seuss had it right: Horton really does hear a Who. Wild elephants can distinguish between human languages, and they can tell whether
Honda Motor Co., making good on plans to focus more on the image of its Acura brand, is setting it up as a division within the company for the first time with dedicated management, marketing and other resources.
Southfield — A trio of Metro Detroit Democratic state lawmakers Monday urged the Legislature to approve an additional $215 million in funding to fix Michigan roads.
Warren — Getting stuck in a snowbank cost Kris Matthys $175.
President Obama stumbled on the spelling of Aretha Franklin's signature song 'Respect' Thursday at the White House, but the Queen of Soul is cutting
Voters in August will be asked to repeal the personal property tax, and they should. However, local communities are heavily reliant on its revenue
Latest Headlines Updated Mar 10, 2014 at 10:34 pm
- Suspect charged in driving drunk into house, killing sleeping man 10:34 pm
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 7110:12 pm
- Michigan State's Gary Harris named team MVP9:53 pm
- U-D Jesuit edges Detroit Southeastern in Class A boys regional semifinal8:45 pm
- Four Macomb County communities may study fire services consolidation8:23 pm
- Power restored to 4,900 DTE customers in Pontiac area7:54 pm
- Senate clears military sexual assault legislation7:42 pm
- Free bus to the DIA for Macomb residents6:50 pm
- Mich. Democratic lawmakers urge more funding to fix crumbling roads6:50 pm
- Michigan tops J.D. Power health insurance survey6:46 pm
- Mich. slaps health care union with 2nd largest elections fine ever6:28 pm
- Barnes & Noble to close Royal Oak bookstore5:39 pm
- Dexter cancer patient who called health care 'unaffordable' will save more than $1K
- Missing Kalamazoo doctor mystery grows; tweets show she doubted sanity
- New Shinola clock vandalized; company to check on timepieces weekly
- William Clay Ford's wife, Martha, takes over as Lions owner
- Miguel Cabrera smacks two homers, Tigers put up 17 on Cardinals
- Macomb Township woman charged with biting off part of boyfriend's ear
- Detroit man shoots at intruders, killing one in latest home invasion
- Big-armed 4-star Brandon Wimbush among Michigan's 2015 QB targets
- Michigan's John Beilein, Nik Stauskas earn Big Ten honors
- Former residents hope for renewal of Brewster-Douglass site
- Trading Rick Porcello wouldn't make any sense for Tigers now
- Michigan State's Izzo looking forward to 'fresh start' in Big Ten tourney
Top Video Picks
In the Blogs
Susan R. Pollack There are moments during every trip when I wish I had more time to stop and smell the proverbial roses. This happened again recently while I was on a group...
Jason Vines As one of the original bloggers on this site, which was first begun by Henry Payne as The Michigan View, I have yet to comment on a fellow blogger’s work,...
Sandra Silfven Experience a Pinot with magic, a Spanish gem and learn more about Elie Boudt's move to Birmingham.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.